[openib-general] ip over ib throughtput

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Wed Jan 12 18:37:51 PST 2005

    Grant> Good news: Topspin firmware 3.3.2 can run netperf w/MSI-X
    Grant> on ia64 too Bad news: I'm getting weak perf #s on the ZX1
    Grant> boxes (~1580 Mbps == ~200MB/s)

This may or may not help on your ia64 systems, but one thing I've
found helpful for getting the highest IPoIB performance is to bind the
HCA's interrupt handlers to one CPU and use taskset to bind the
netperf/netserver processes to a different CPU.  For example I use 1
for the irq's smp_affinity mask and then use 4 for the taskset mask.
(This is on a dual Xeon system with hyperthreading, so logical CPUs 0
and 1 are the same physical core -- so the mask 4 uses the second
physical CPU).

 - R.