[openib-general] has anyone tried MSI-X on Opteron?

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Thu Jan 13 07:35:06 PST 2005

    Tziporet> Hi, We are seeing problems (not getting the interrupt)
    Tziporet> when trying to work with MSIX on Opteron with Fedora
    Tziporet> core3.

As far as I can tell from reading the data sheet, the standard AMD
8131 PCI-X does not support MSI/MSI-X, so if that's what you are using
then MSI-X will not work.  I have no information on the nForce4 or
other Opteron PCI Express chipsets, but they should support MSI (since
it is a mandatory part of the PCI Express spec).  The only question is
whether they will use the same message address/contents as Intel.  If
not then updates to the core Linux support are required.

 - Roland