[openib-general] ip over ib throughtput

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Thu Jan 13 07:57:52 PST 2005

    Andras> However, when I put a card in an rx4640 (four-way thing,
    Andras> same ZX1 chipset as the 2600 ) I got an oops upon
    Andras> modprobe. This is 2.6.10-mm2 (I've compared some diffs
    Andras> with 11-rc1 and nothing relevant seems to have changed).

    Andras> Here's the top of the oops (would you like me to send it
    Andras> all, more details like kernel config etc? to the list, or
    Andras> private?)

I'm not sure what's going on.  mthca_init_one() is bailing out and
disabling the device on the way out, and iosapic_unregister_intr() is
warning (not actually an oops, just WARN_ON(1)) because it can't find
a valid IRQ number.

Does this happen even without MSI turned on?

Can you build your drivers with CONFIG_INFINIBAND_MTHCA_DEBUG=y and
then do "dmesg -c > /dev/null && modprobe ib_mthca" and send the
output of "dmesg"?  Don't worry about sending the whole thing to the
list, it can't be that giant.

Thanks,
  Roland