[openib-general] has anyone tried MSI-X on Opteron?

Craig Dunwoody cdunwoody at graphstream.com
Thu Jan 13 07:58:38 PST 2005

Hello Ron,

ron writes:
> Matt Leininger (spelling) pointed out to me yesterday that the Opteron
> chip set did not support MSI

Looks to me like MSI is enabled in recent stock FC2 and FC3 2.6.9+
X86_64 kernel builds, so a driver that cannot be told not to use MSI if
it is available (as I believe is the case with the current Mellanox
vapi-4.0.1 release) would not seem to have a good chance of working on a
stock FC2 or FC3 kernel when a AMD-8131 chipset is involved.

Craig Dunwoody
cdunwoody at graphstream.com
650-906-8261 (cell)