[openib-general] disable_irq WARN_ON

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Thu Jan 13 08:40:13 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 11:31, Grant Grundler wrote:
> My advice is to get your vendor to tell you which *mellanox*
> firmware is safe to use on your HCA if they can't offer you anything
> newer than 3.0.2.
>
> Keep in mind that openib.org is "experimental" and no vendor
> will officially support it....however they would be smart to
> informally provide "appropriate resources" (ie newer firmware)
> so you can do some informal testing using their firmware.

In that vein, I would expect that the firmware qualified for a vendor
release is not necessarily the same as the one for OpenIB which might be
more bleeding edge (it might lag behind some longer QA cycle) and so
with that caveat I would hope and expect that a vendor would provide it
to you for OpenIB purposes. Running it with a vendor stack would be
another matter.