[openib-general] Re: mmap(/dev/mem) causing sigbus

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Sat Jan 15 13:05:57 PST 2005

Hello!
Quoting r. Tom Duffy (tduffy at sun.com) "Re: [openib-general] Re: mmap(/dev/mem) causing sigbus":
> On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 16:46 +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> > I now tested it on x86 and it works. Still, I wont
> > change the default until I test it some more.
> > Tom, pls try with latest svn , changing CONFIG_USE_DEV_MEM
> > from 1 to 0 in mtcr.h. If there are problems I'll
> > work on it on Sunday, same goes for your error handling
> > patch.
>
> tat:~# ./mstflint -d 0000:81:00.0 q
> Device open failed: Primary extended query larger than TOTAL_QUERY_SIZE
>
> -tduffy

But the configuration cycles variant still works properly, does it not?

Tom, just to make sure that the mapping now works properly,
could you please run the small test I sent, changing the file
name from /dev/mem to the relevant file in
/proc/bus/pci ?
This way we will know whether the mapping works, or whether its the
same issue still.

MST