[openib-general] mstflint - test2

Michael S. Tsirkin mst at mellanox.co.il
Sun Jan 16 02:52:54 PST 2005

Hello!
Quoting r. Michael S. Tsirkin (mst at mellanox.co.il) "[openib-general] mstflint - test2":
> Hello!
> Quoting r. Tom Duffy (tduffy at sun.com) "Re: [openib-general] Re: mmap(/dev/mem) causing sigbus":
> > On Fri, 2005-01-14 at 16:46 +0200, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> > > I now tested it on x86 and it works. Still, I wont
> > > change the default until I test it some more.
> > > Tom, pls try with latest svn , changing CONFIG_USE_DEV_MEM
> > > from 1 to 0 in mtcr.h. If there are problems I'll
> > > work on it on Sunday, same goes for your error handling
> > > patch.
> >
> > tat:~# ./mstflint -d 0000:81:00.0 q
> > Device open failed: Primary extended query larger than TOTAL_QUERY_SIZE
> >
> > -tduffy
>
> The issue is most likely incorrect data being returned by
> reading the mmaped region.
>
> Please try the attached test (BAR0 and NAME values may need fixing),
> and let me know the result.

I now checked in two small utilities under mstflint directory
mread and mwrite. These can be used to poke manually at the
device memory bar. Just pass in the device and address, like this:

./mread 81:00.0 0x000f0014

or

./mread /proc/bus/pci/81/00.0 0x000f0014

I think we must first make sure these simple things work.

MST