[openib-general] Re: [KJ] [RFC] TODO file cleanups

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Tue Jan 18 09:19:40 PST 2005

    Matthew> Funny you should mention that.

    Matthew> drivers/infiniband/ulp/ipoib/ipoib_ib.c: yield();
    Matthew> drivers/infiniband/ulp/ipoib/ipoib_ib.c: yield();

    Matthew> *SLAP*.

ouch ;)

What should those uses of yield() be replaced with?  The loops are
polling for pending work to finish up on an exit path, and don't have
any strict timing requirements.  cond_resched() seems a bit
heavyweight, since we don't need to run for our whole time slice.  We
could do msleep(0) or msleep(1) but I don't quite see why that's much
of an improvement.

Thanks,
  Roland