[openib-general] Osm tree re-organization and Makefiles cleanup

shaharf shaharf at voltaire.com
Wed Jan 19 05:42:02 PST 2005

HI all,

            In order to be able to support several umad layers (i.e. non
gen2) and to cleanup things, I separated any vendor specific stuff from
the opensm directory and moved it to a new library - lib vendor
(usermode/management/osm/libvendor). The includes files in the opensm
directory were appropriately moved to osm/include/vendor and
osm/include/opensm. A new osm/Makefile is added to make the libraries
and the opensm binary in the correct order. This makefile is used by the
upper management/makefile, but can used standalone once the non osm
libraries are built.

            In addition, I cleaned up all Makefiles to make them
relative to the usermode/management directory. This means that you don't
have to edit make.inc any more, but it also means you have to chdir to
the usermode/management in order to make everything ( I guess everybody
does that anyway...).

            Just to remind you, you should be able to build everything
by:

            Chdir .../management

            Make && make install

            The default install directories are now