[openib-general] RFC on CM error handling

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Jan 20 11:25:47 PST 2005

Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> Does changing the CEP to TIMEOUT or IDLE, do anything to the QP state ?
> Is that up to the CM client ?

The CM does nothing to the QP state.  However, changing the CEP to
timewait would eventually prevent the QP from being used in a
connection for the duration of the timewait.  (The code to do this is
not there now.)

> I'm not sure the CM state should move at all in these cases. What is the
> CM client to do in these cases ? If it was a temporary error, might it
> be able to send the proper CM message later ?

The user might be able to send the proper CM message later, since the
error could be related to low resources.