[openib-general] Re: [KJ] [RFC] TODO file cleanups

Grant Grundler iod00d at hp.com
Fri Jan 21 11:32:21 PST 2005

On Fri, Jan 21, 2005 at 09:22:56AM -0800, Roland Dreier wrote:
> Independent of any licensing questions, there definitely is a real
> need to have an external repository for development.  We need a place
> to test and debug code and coordinate development before sending
> patches on.

Agreed

> (I am beginning to think that it would just be simpler to make all the
> openib kernel code simply GPLed, if only to stop these constant
> discussions.  Perhaps at the developers workshop, the openib board can
> make this change)

then someone will whine about not being able to port the
code to FreeBSD. Either way - someone will whine.
If we can, I would prefer to leave the license Dual and then deal
with the people who try to violate the GPL. My gut feeling is
such people don't care which license the code is published with.

grant