[openib-general] userspace access

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Sat Jan 22 13:16:28 PST 2005

I checked in a lot of changes to the roland-uverbs branch that extend
the userspace verbs to the point of being able to create PDs for
userspace.  Rather than post patches (which aren't very enlightening
because of the scope and type of the changes) I would ask people to
review the code under

    https://openib.org/svn/gen2/branches/roland-uverbs/src/linux-kernel/infiniband

Most notably, I added a "struct uobject" type and a "struct uobject *"
member to the PD, CQ, etc structs.  This holds a pointer to the user
context, a link into a list used for cleanup, etc.

Also, Michael and others working on mthca, it would probably better to
base any mthca changes on the roland-uverbs branch to avoid merging
problems later.

 - R.