[openib-general] RFC CM peer to peer connections

Dror Goldenberg gdror at mellanox.co.il
Sat Jan 22 13:55:07 PST 2005

I think that ideally IPoIB connected mode should be using peer to peer.
Apparently, the RFC draft doesn't support it, because the service ID is
derived from the QP number which can be different in each node.

SDP doesn't support peer to peer, as opposed to TCP. We excluded
this mode from SDP spec, because it does not work with CM peer to
peer.

That'll be a long way of saying that there aren't any protocols I know of
that will be using peer to peer.

-Dror