[Fwd: Re: [openib-general] Re: [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Re: OpenSM Bugs]]]

Tom Duffy tduffy at sun.com
Wed Jan 26 13:18:18 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-21 at 12:51 -0800, Tom Duffy wrote:
> Solaris has made the decision to separate the management partition from
> the data partition.  It uses 0xffff for management and 0x8001 for data
> (like IPoIB).  When using Linux on a Sun managed network, I need to
> create a child ibd interface in the 0x8001 partition for it to work
> properly.

I have been corrected: IBSRM (Sun's subnet manager) uses two Pkeys, but
Solaris *should* work with just one pkey.  So, just using 0xffff will
allow a Solaris node to initialize.

The only thing that might hang up Solaris IPoIB is that it requires that
the broadcast group be created external to Solaris -- Solaris won't
create one, so somebody else has to -- whether that be the SM (opensm)
or another node on the fabric (Linux openib).

-tduffy