[openib-general] CM oops in cm_free_msg()

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Thu Jan 27 10:31:03 PST 2005

Libor Michalek wrote:
> the fields in the structure appear to be garbage.

That's exactly what I needed to know.  I see the issue now.
cm_alloc_msg() needs to set the send_wr.wr_id = (unsigned long) m;  not
"msg".  I'll generate a patch.  Thanks.

>   Once the connection is in established state, on the passive side, I
> need to make one more QP state transition. So if the CM doesn't make
> an established callback, the consumer needs to create a work thread to
> perform the QP state transition.
>
>   If a DREP is received ahead of an RTU, in REP_SENT state, it means that
> the RTU was sent and lost. So the DREP implies a established transition.
> How about receiving a DREP in REP_SENT, generates two transitions and
> callbacks, established and timewait? Likewise, a sent RTU in the REP_RCVD
> state would generate and established callback as well.

I was assuming that you were asking about this because of the thread
context that you were in, so I'll add a callback to the user after a
call to ib_cm_establish.