[openib-general] CM stale connection collision.

Libor Michalek libor at topspin.com
Thu Jan 27 14:30:45 PST 2005

Sean,

  I've been seeing some stale connection collisions, as a result of one
of my test hosts being rebooted much more frequently then the other.

  Specifically one of my nodes had two connections with the same remote
communications ID and different local communications IDs, when the remote
node received a DREQ from this node, a DREQ_RCVD was generated for the
given local ID whithout checking to see if the remote ID matched, which
it didn't. Since the remote node was back from a fresh reboot in both
cases that generated the local ID, the local QPN was the same as well.

   I think that all applicable messages should check both IDs.

-Libor