[openib-general] Re: sending RMPP non-data messages

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Fri Jul 1 15:00:59 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 17:41, Sean Hefty wrote:
> Looking at the kernel RMPP implementation, I think that we want to ensure
> that an application doesn't send a non-DATA RMPP MAD.  The RMPP code would
> interpret such a MAD as being internally generated when it wasn't.

Right; sounds like a good safety check to me. There should be no need
for an application to generate anything other than DATA. ACKs, etc. are
all hidden and handled rather nicely by your implementation. If there
were some reason to terminate an in progress RMPP send, would that be
handled by a cancel operation ?