[openib-general] RE: Some IBMgtSim Questions and Nits

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Tue Jul 5 08:22:13 PDT 2005

Hi Hal,

> In INSTALL, it states:
> Software Dependencies
> =====================
> IBMgtSim depends on: tcl8.3/8.4, OpenSM 1.7.0 and ibdm 1.0
>
> What are the specific dependencies on OpenSM 1.7.0 ?
[EZ] Actually it should say 1.7.0 and after.
The dependency is on the subnet.lst format and osm.mcfdbs dump file. But
this is mostly a "run time" dependency for ibdmchk ...

> Should the swig dependency listed ?
[EZ] Well, I include in the release the code auto-generated by swig. So a
user that does not need to re-generate (did not change the TCL API) does not
need swig.

> Also, can you update the instructions (README, INSTALL, etc.) for OpenIB
> ?
>
> README states:
> If there there is no IBADM installed
>
> What is IBADM ? Is this a typo (IBDM) or is it something else ?
[EZ] Should say IBDM. I will fix that.

> Some more nits with IBMgtSim:
>
> Should IBMgtSim/src/.autosave be removed from the tree ?
[EZ] Yes. Thanks - I just did that.

> Also there are a number of files in this subdirectory (and underneath
> it) which have +x permissions and don't need this.
[EZ] How can I modify the file permissions after they are committed to svn ?