[openib-general] Re: Re: OpenIB Releases

Johannes Erdfelt johannes at erdfelt.com
Tue Jul 5 14:03:38 PDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005, Michael S. Tsirkin <mst at mellanox.co.il> wrote:
> Quoting r. Johannes Erdfelt <johannes at erdfelt.com>:
> > > Are there features in tvflash that mstflint doesnt have?
> >
> > They are all Topspin specific, but mostly for handling things like
> > automatically upgrading firmware and configuring the boot ROM extension.
>
> How do you mean?

The VSD area is highly customized for our purposes. We store information
about the firmware image programmed so we can automatically upgrade the
firmware when upgrading the IB software on the system.

We also use the VSD to store configuration options for our boot ROM
extension.

Other than the VSD and some minor supporting features, there isn't
anything special about tvflash versus mstflint.

JE