[openib-general] Re: calculate inline data size

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Thu Jul 7 14:35:36 PDT 2005

>Quoting r. Gleb Natapov <gleb at minantech.com>:
>> Tried that. But with big values create_qp fails.
>
>Yes, we need to fix that.

To me, the current behavior sounds exactly like what you want.  The maximum or
some sort of "guaranteed value" should be available through the device
properties.  Needing to determine it only by creating a QP doesn't sound like
the right approach.

BTW, in tests that I've seen previously, using the largest possible inline data
size didn't yield the best system performance, but that could have simply been
based on the tests that we being run.