[openib-general] Re: calculate inline data size

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Fri Jul 8 11:55:35 PDT 2005

As far as I know, the maximum size supported by the Mellanox HCAs is larger than
optimum - that is, the performance goes down due to the data copy into the WQE
as compared to formatting the data segment and letting the HCA DMA the data.

If we expect all implementation that support inline data to do so beyond the
optimal point, I don't see an issue with the maximum being the smallest maximum
of all the different types of work requests.

So my vote is for adding the max inline to the device attributes, and making it
the maximum for the most constrained work request (probably RDMA Write with
immediate?).

- Fab