[openib-general] 2.6.12 Kernel OpenIB support

Robert Walsh rjwalsh at pathscale.com
Sun Jul 10 18:40:54 PDT 2005

>    I am fairly new to OpenIB and I have downloaded and built the
> 2.6.12 kernel that has OpenIB support. My question now is how to
> compile the OpenIB modules in that kernel; There is no documentation,
> and all what I need to do is to test the IPoIB, so anyhelp would be
> appreciated.

The way I've been doing it (and I don't know if this is the "official"
way or not) is I blow away the drivers/infiniband directory from the
2.6.12 directory and remake it as a symlink to the
gen2/trunk/src/linux-kernel/infiniband directory in the svn tree.  Then
just configure and build the kernel as normal.

Regards,
 Robert.

Robert Walsh                                 Email: rjwalsh at pathscale.com
PathScale, Inc.                              Phone: +1 650 934 8117
2071 Stierlin Court, Suite 200                 Fax: +1 650 428 1969
Mountain View, CA 94043.