[openib-general] userspace event reporting

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Tue Jul 12 13:05:05 PDT 2005

Actually, it gets a bit messier, since the get_event call would needs an extra
input parameter to identify which CM ID to perform the operation on.  This is a
pretty significant semantic change since an application with many connections
will now need to make many get_event calls, one for each CM ID it wants events
from.  Unless the get_event operation can work asynchronously, this requires a
thread per CM ID, which sucks.

I don't see a clean way to solve this without the above semantic change - the
users can't perform their own reference counting because they don't know which
CM ID will get the next event.

- Fab