[openib-general] RE: userspace event reporting

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Jul 12 13:45:43 PDT 2005

>> one way to handle this is to have destruction flush events first, then
>> perform the actual destroy...
>
>Right, what I was trying to say in the other thread was: walk the event
>list and kill events for the id that is destroyed.
>
>Does this make more sense?

I think this is needed, just not sure if it's sufficient.  Suppose get_event()
has retrieved an event for a cm_id and is returning the information to
userspace.  The application is unaware that an event is pending and destroys the
cm_id.  The uCM allows the destroy to proceed, since it's not yet aware of the
event.  The get_event() begins executing userspace code.

How does the app or uCM locate the data structure associated with the cm_id?  If
destroy succeeded, the structure could have been destroyed.  A solution is to
block the destroy, but I'm not sure what would block it.