[openib-general] RE: userspace event reporting

Sean Hefty sean.hefty at intel.com
Tue Jul 12 14:08:06 PDT 2005

>Are we talking about multithreaded app?

Correct.  The app is trying to get events while needing to destroy a cm_id (or
other object) at the same time.

>So this is purely userspace issue - cant userspace just take some mutex
>in get_event and destroy paths?

I believe that this is purely a userspace issue.  I can't see why using a mutex
wouldn't work, but I believe that get_event() currently blocks waiting for an
event.

Note that get_event() may be reporting events associated with an object other
than the one being destroyed.