[openib-general] Introducing IB MAD TCL API

Eitan Zahavi eitan at mellanox.co.il
Thu Jul 14 07:28:14 PDT 2005

Hi All,

I have uploaded a new sub project for TCL MAD API into the directory
https://openib.org/svn/gen2/utils/src/linux-user/
<https://openib.org/svn/gen2/utils/src/linux-user/>
This API enables development of IB Management utilities and scripts in TCL.

I have also introduced a "top level" autotools project for the utilities sub
tree including:
ibdm - IB datamodel (in memory data model for nodes, links, systems, etc and
analysis utilities )
ibmgtsim - IB management simulator
ibis - TCL API for IB MADs

I think that this autotools method for building top level projects can be
utilized for the rest of the OpenIB user level code.

I plan to actively develop the above components in the OpenIB tree.

Also I call for moving this sub-tree of user-level utilities into the OpenIB
main trunk.

Eitan

Eitan Zahavi
Design Technology Director