[openib-general] kDAPL: ready for gen2/trunk/ inclusion?

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Thu Jul 14 11:25:35 PDT 2005

The benefit is that all RDMA related events are produced by the same
source.

Contrasting this with the OpenIB API may useful. In the OpenIB
API, events are delivered via both CQ work completions and callbacks.

If you look through the DAPL event subsystem, you'll see that it does
take a bit of code to implement this feature. Duplicating this
functionality in each consumer wouldn't be efficient. Consumers would
be better off handling the work completions and callbacks directly.

james