[openib-general] ulimit -l and ibv_reg_mr

Galen Shipman gshipman at lanl.gov
Fri Jul 15 07:36:34 PDT 2005

Hello all,

I am using ibv_reg_mr to register memory, if I attempt to register
anything over what ulimit -l reports (32K) then ibv_reg_mr returns null
and errno says Cannot allocate memory. I don't have root access so I
can't do ulimit -l to increase my memlimit. What is the workaround for
this issue? Modifying /etc/security/limits.conf? If so, I am using ssh
to login remotely to the system is there still an issue with
/etc/security/limits.conf and ssh as described in:
http://www.mail-archive.com/openib-general@openib.org/msg06442.html

One last thing, what are the future plans regarding registering memory
and memlimits?

Thanks,

Galen