[openib-general] Firmware needed for cougar MT23108 A1

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Fri Jul 15 08:28:31 PDT 2005

    Thierry> I'm trying to use the openib trunk with a cougar MT23108
    Thierry> A1. However, the module complains that i have firmware
    Thierry> 3.2.0 instead of 3.3.2. Where can i find this firmware ?
    Thierry> My Ib provider has got only 3.2 firmware.

If you aren't experiencing any problems, then you may want to stick to
3.2.0 firmware.  The main new feature of 3.3.2 is support for MSI-X.
However, Shirley Ma reported having problems with 3.3.2 that went away
when she downgraded to 3.2.0.

If you really want to upgrade, then you can bug your HCA vendor for an
update or try downloading firmware from the Mellanox web site and
then preparing your own firmware images.

 - R.