[openib-general] matching an RMPP NACK to send or receive?

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Fri Jul 15 11:53:22 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-07-15 at 12:32, Sean Hefty wrote:
> Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> >>For now, the code will only
> >>abort a send, which should be the more common case.  I will need to add
> >>aborting receives later and assume that actual TID collisions would be
> >>extremely rare.
> >
> > What status code will you use for this ?
>
> I'm returning IB_WC_REM_ABORT_ERR and placing the actual RMPP status code in
> the vendor_err field.

What vendor errors are being defined ? I realize that is the only way to
do this now but aren't they really standard rather than vendor errors ?

> >>The RMPP status does help indicate whether a send or receive is being
> >>aborted, but not in all cases.
> >
> > What cases are not covered ?
>
> I believe that the following status values are possible for either a send or
> receive:
>
> resources exhausted
> bad RMPP type
> illegal status
> unspecified and class specific

What's unspecified ? Is it reserved status in ABORT ?

There are some others too. Does the OpenIB RMPP not generate them ? Will
it pass them back up if it received an abort with these other statuses ?