[openib-general] RE: userspace event reporting

Fab Tillier ftillier at silverstorm.com
Wed Jul 20 17:17:09 PDT 2005

Ok, now that I think more about it, I think that having the ability to do an
async, per-CM ID get_event call would help tremendously.  The application knows
what CM IDs it has, and thus can initiate such a get_event request for each.
The app can then maintain its own reference count on its internal structures
(which is really what is needs to do), rather than rely on the CM providing the
reference counting and synchronization.

Is it even possible to make async get_event requests, from a coding perspective?
Would the resulting usage model work for clients?  If using an AIO read request,
could the file offset could be used to convey the CM ID being polled?

- Fab