[openib-general] What is the correct method of determining the number of ports

Kevin Reilly kjreilly at us.ibm.com
Mon Jun 6 11:21:45 PDT 2005

Thanks you Roland and Shirley for your responses!!

Roland,  Do you know other things that are missing that you can rattle off
the top of your head?
Else we keep looking for what we need then ask questions if we don't find
them.

Kevin J. Reilly
STSM, HPC Architecture
-Federation/HPS  Chief Engineer
-HPC interconnect architect
(office) 845-433-7976  (tieline) 8-293-7976

             Roland Dreier
             <roland at topspin.c
                                       Kevin Reilly/Poughkeepsie/IBM at IBMUS
             06/06/2005 11:18                                           cc
             AM                        openib-general at openib.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [openib-general] What is the
                                       correct method of determining the
                                       number of ports

    Kevin> I'm been hunting around for the proper method for
    Kevin> determining the number of ports a device/hca has by using
    Kevin> the gen2 user access library. I can't figure out how except
    Kevin> by loop through port numbers calling ibv_query_port(). I
    Kevin> figure maybe i'm missing something? Can somebody steer me
    Kevin> in the right direction?

Unfortunately there's not a good way at the moment.  I still need to
implement ibv_query_device() for userspace.

Thanks for reminding me -- I should be able to get to it this week.

  - R.