[openib-general] Re: Send Side RMPP and OpenSM GetTableResp

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Tue Jun 7 11:50:53 PDT 2005

Hal Rosenstock wrote:
>             <----------------------------    SA GetTableResp
> 					RMPP flags 0x03 (Data, First)
> 					SegmentNumber 1
> 					PayloadLength 0x370
> 					TID 8
> SA GetTable ---------------------------->
> RMPP flags 0x02 (ACK)
> SegmentNumber 1
> NewWindowLast 6
> TID 8

I'm not clear why RMPP flags is set to 0x02.  I would have expected 0x01 to
indicate that RMPP is active.  If the RMPP active flag is not set, the
OpenIB RMPP code will process the packet as if it were a non-RMPP packet.
Maybe RMPP flags here indicates the type?  (It looks like the flags field on
the SA side.)

>             <----------------------------    SA GetTableResp
> 					RMPP flags 0x01 (Data)
> 					SegmentNumber 2
> 					PayloadLength 0x370
> 					TID 8
>             <----------------------------    SA GetTableResp
> 					RMPP flags 0x01 (Data)
> 					SegmentNumber 3
> 					PayloadLength 0x370
> 					TID 8
>             <----------------------------    SA GetTableResp
> 					RMPP flags 0x05 (Data, Last)
> 					SegmentNumber 4
> 					PayloadLength 0x34
> 					TID 8
> SA GetTable ---------------------------->
> RMPP flags 0x02 (ACK)
> SegmentNumber 1
> NewWindowLast 6
> TID 8

Assuming that the RMPP active flag is set, this should be seen as a
duplicated ACK and discarded since it doesn't carry any new information.

> 					RMPP flags 0x01 (Data)
> 					SegmentNumber 5
> 					PayloadLength 0x34
> 					TID 8

I'm clueless yet as to how this MAD could have been generated...  If I add
in some debug checks, can you rerun this test?