[openib-general] What is the correct method of determining the number of ports

Kevin Reilly kjreilly at us.ibm.com
Tue Jun 7 16:35:44 PDT 2005

Thanks for the ibv_get_devices()!!! I will go take a look at it.   Below
you mentioned "spec",  is there a spec for the
gen2 ibverbs?  Or are you refering to  the VAPI spec or the IBTA spec
chapter?

I've been assuming the code was the spec and that writing a specification
was still something that still needed to be
"contributed".

Kevin J. Reilly
STSM, HPC Architecture
-Federation/HPS  Chief Engineer
-HPC interconnect architect
(office) 845-433-7976  (tieline) 8-293-7976

             Roland Dreier
             <roland at topspin.c
                                       Kevin Reilly/Poughkeepsie/IBM at IBMUS
             06/06/2005 03:31                                           cc
             PM                        openib-general at openib.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [openib-general] What is the
                                       correct method of determining the
                                       number of ports

    Kevin> Roland, Do you know other things that are missing that you
    Kevin> can rattle off the top of your head?  Else we keep looking
    Kevin> for what we need then ask questions if we don't find them.

There are a couple of fairly large features that have not been
implemented at all, even in the kernel.  For example, shared receive
queues (SRQ) and memory windows.  Other than that I think libibverbs
support is pretty complete right now.

Of course the best thing is for application developers to ask for the
features they need.  That way I don't waste time implementing
something that happens to be in the spec but no one cares about.

 - R.