[openib-general] RE: [patch][kdapl] enable kdapltest -T P

Itamar Rabenstein itamar at mellanox.co.il
Wed Jun 8 03:00:16 PDT 2005

> > Current openib gen2 code is not reporting the max cq size
> and i dont think
> > that we should put
> > a fix number .
> > if we want to get the number we need Roland to fill this
> number in mthca but
> > as Roland said before
> > "what real App will meed this number?"
>
> I see the initialization code you are refering to in
> mthca_query_device of mthca_provider.c.
>
> I think a "real app" would use this number in exactly the same way
> that dapltest's performance subtest uses it:
>
>   pipeline_length = min(max_cqe, max_qp_wr)
>
> Why would a limit like the one above be unnecessary?

you can try to printk the value and you will see it is not initialized.
it is not enough to assign value to the output attr struct
if this value is not initialized (;-)
i dont mind if Roland will implement it but for now it is not implemented.
Please ci the patch for now in order to enable kdapltest -T P
and if Roland will implement it then unremark the lines.

> >> Was this also a problem in the transaction test?
> >>

> > Yes but in order to fall on the bug you need to alloc a
> very small buffer
> > (like 12 byte)
> > and this is only in -T P .
>
> So is it only in the performance test or would it occur in the
> transaction test if I specified a small buffer?

It will fail for every small buffer (include in -T T )

> Why do we need to translate the virtual address to a physical address
> in all cases? Will this interact properly with the transaction test's
> -M (memory type) option?

Current openib gen2 register only physical memory.
the code will work also for any -M option .

  -Itamar