[openib-general] RMPP and timeouts/retries

Hal Rosenstock halr at voltaire.com
Wed Jun 8 04:12:02 PDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 06:58, Hal Rosenstock wrote:
> Right now it is set to no retries and no timeout on the SA
> side. I will change and retest.

Let me clarify a little:
The no timeout is set based on resp_expected flag which is set at a
higher level (presumably method based).

When I did have retries set, things did not work properly. Unfortunately
I was unable to get IB traces yesterday of what was going on but will
try again once the analyzer is straightened out. I did have retries on
with the original traces I obtained and discussed on the list where
there were bigger problems than the ones observed by Tom yesterday.