[openib-general] RE: [patch][kdapl] enable kdapltest -T P

James Lentini jlentini at netapp.com
Thu Jun 9 09:52:50 PDT 2005

On Thu, 9 Jun 2005, James Lentini wrote:

>>> and i dont think
>>> number in mthca but
>>>
>>> I see the initialization code you are refering to in
>>> mthca_query_device of mthca_provider.c.
>>>
>>> I think a "real app" would use this number in exactly the same way
>>> that dapltest's performance subtest uses it:
>>>
>>>   pipeline_length = min(max_cqe, max_qp_wr)
>>>
>>> Why would a limit like the one above be unnecessary?
>>
>> you can try to printk the value and you will see it is not initialized.
>> it is not enough to assign value to the output attr struct
>> if this value is not initialized (;-)
>
> Understood.

In preparation for asking Roland about this, I added a print statement
as you suggested. I actually see the ib_device_attr structure's
max_qp_wr and max_cqe values as being initialized to 65535.
After taking a second look at the initialization code in
mthca_query_device(), I see that these are indeed the values being
specified (and not all 1s as I had thought initially).

Why did you think that these were not initialized? 65535 work requests
and cqe's seem like perfectly valid values to me.