[openib-general] [CM] possible problem with crossing DREQs.

Libor Michalek libor at topspin.com
Thu Jun 9 10:50:17 PDT 2005

Sean,

  I'm seeing an unusual problem when both halves of a connection
actively disconnect at the same time. Each connection peer issues
a DREQ at the same time, next each receive the DREQ and responds
with a DREP, and finally each connection gets a callback for the
transition to the idle state. However, at this point it appears
that each CM keeps retransmitting DREQ requests, which then seems
to interfere with new connection establishment.

  For now I've ifdef'd out the code which causes the simultaneous
disconnect, and all works as expected. However, I'd like to add it
back in at some point.

-Libor