[openib-general] SDP debug

Libor Michalek libor at topspin.com
Wed Jun 15 14:33:40 PDT 2005

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 02:14:21PM -0700, Grant Grundler wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 03:47:15PM -0500, John Partridge wrote:
> > I am trying to get SDP working on SGI Altix. I know that the InfiniBand is
> > working as I have ipoib and ibv_pingpong etc all working fine.
> >
> > My question is how do I prove that an nttcp (or whatever I use) is
> > using SDP rather than ipoib ?
> >
> > Is there some DEBUG or counter I can use to tell me what is going on ?
>
> Start the "server" side of the test and see that it's using the
> right address family and port. I expect "netstat -a" will tell you.
> Its been a few monthes since I've poked at this.

  Actually 'netstat -a' will let you know that you're using SDP only
in that the connection will not appear in the list. If you see the
connection/port in the list then it's still using TCP. netstat would
need to be expanded to open and use the data in /proc/net/sdp for it
to display the connections.

-Libor