[openib-general] SDP: device mthca0 does not support fast memory regions

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Thu Jun 16 12:01:26 PDT 2005

    Libor>   I'm not sure about the state or plans for FMR support on
    Libor> PPC64, Roland will have a better idea.

There's no reason it shouldn't work with the latest code.  I've not
tried it, but the only reason that mthca would not provide the FMR
functions would be if the FW is burned with "DDR hidden" (ie no BAR
for the HCA-attached memory -- you won't see the third 128MB BAR in
lspci).  Otherwise, mthca will try to provide FMRs -- ie if they don't
work on ppc64, you'll get a crash rather than a nice error.

 - R.