[openib-general] Re: SDP: device mthca0 does not support fast memory regions

Troy Benjegerdes hozer at hozed.org
Thu Jun 16 15:26:57 PDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 10:03:55PM +0300, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> Quoting r. Libor Michalek <libor at topspin.com>:
> > Subject: Re: SDP: device mthca0 does not support fast memory regions
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 04:30:47PM -0500, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:
> > > I'm getting a 'SDP: device mthca0 does nto support fast memory regions'
> > > error on PPC64 systems.. Is there something that needs to be done for
> > > PPC, or could I have an older version of the mthca module hanging
> > > around?
> >
> >   I'm not sure about the state or plans for FMR support on PPC64, Roland
> > will have a better idea.
>
> Should just work AFAIK.
> But maybe your card hides the onboard memory?
> Try lspci -vv to see if the card has
> the huge bar (100Mbyte or more) corresponding to that memory.

Yes, the DDR is hidden on a couple of the machines, since they are IBM
Power4 systems, which have some stupid issue with the firmware.

However, I'm getting the following problem on an Xserve G5:

xl0:~# cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.11.11-G5 (root at xl0.fast) (gcc version 3.4.2) #1 SMP
Wed Jun 812:11:29 CDT 2005

ib_mthca: Mellanox InfiniBand HCA driver v0.06-pre (November 8, 2004)
ib_mthca: Initializing Mellanox Technology MT23108 InfiniHost
(0001:07:00.0)
WARN: : Failed to find lock pointer.
WARN: : Error <-22> initializing memory locking.
WARN: : Error <-22> initializing SDP IOCB table.
WARN: : INIT: Error <-22> initializing connection table.