[openib-general] [ABI CHANGE] Userspace verbs ABI change

Roland Dreier roland at topspin.com
Tue Jun 21 14:23:37 PDT 2005

I've just committed changes some changes to both the kernel and
userspace side of userspace verbs support.  The kernel-user ABI has
changed, which means that for example, old userspace binaries will not
work with a new kernel.  In other words, if you update your svn tree,
make sure to update it all and rebuild both userspace and your kernel.

I _hope_ this will be the last such ABI change required.  I am
planning on sending userspace verbs support upstream for review and
(we hope) merging as soon as I finish a few minor cleanups and produce
a patch series.  Once uverbs is merged in the upstream kernel, I will
always change IB_USER_VERBS_ABI_VERSION when an incompatible change is
made, so this sort of breakage will be avoided.

Thanks,
  Roland