[openib-general] A new simple ulp (SPTS)

Talpey, Thomas Thomas.Talpey at netapp.com
Thu Jun 23 10:54:17 PDT 2005

At 01:11 PM 6/23/2005, Jeff Carr wrote:
>I didn't know there was a nfs/rmda module?
>
>root at jcarr:/test/gen2# find . |grep -i nfs
>root at jcarr:/test/gen2#

Brief intro to NFS/RDMA work:

Current client version is on Sourceforge, supporting various flavors of
2.4. I'm preparing a new release for 2.6.
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/nfs-rdma>

The client needs a patched version of Sunrpc in order to hook in as
an NFS transport. This patch is being used by the NFS/IPv6
project as well, and it's planned for future kernel.org integration.
<http://troy.citi.umich.edu/~cel/linux-2.6/2.6.12/release-notes.html>
(There are also patch sets for earlier Linux revs)

Server version for 2.6 is under development at UMich CITI, scroll
down to Documents and Code sections of this page:
<http://www.citi.umich.edu/projects/rdma/>

Finally, NetApp and Sun have demonstrated implementations,
Solaris 10 has support for it.

We look forward to running NFS/RDMA over OpenIB, when its kDAPL
is ready.

Tom.