[openib-general] mapping between IP address and device name

Talpey, Thomas Thomas.Talpey at netapp.com
Fri Jun 24 10:27:59 PDT 2005

At 01:22 PM 6/24/2005, Roland Dreier wrote:
>    Hal> But we do trust the kernel, right ?
>
>No, an NFS server can't trust anything coming from a remote client.

Well, the server can't trust untrusted information coming from the
client. NFS has many forms of strong authentication. But many,
many users ignore it and simply apply careful administration in its
place.

I just don't want to go backwards when introducing NFS/RDMA. If
I have to tell someone "well it works just like regular NFS except for..."
guess what I'll hear. Oh and by the way, iWARP won't have this issue.

Tom.