[openib-general] Re: IB Diagnositic Tools

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Mon Jun 27 14:13:46 PDT 2005

On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 02:04:16PM -0400, Hal Rosenstock wrote:
>Hi Eitan,
>
>On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 15:25, Eitan Zahavi wrote:
>> Following the discussion about the debug tools, I would like to
>> propose using OpenSM Vendor layer as a common layer for developing the
>> debug tools.

Hal,

This is kinda offtopic, but (iirc) i once stumbled over the issue of
"port" vs. "mgmt port" [back then i had access to two 2-port cards]
where you may have said something along the lines of
\"There is clearly a bug for multi HCAs in osm_vendor_get_all_port_attr
which is in the vendor layer. This needs to be fixed and is our problem.
So I am close to being able to commit what I now have for this and fix
this later (as there are other multi HCA issues).\"
Just curious.. did somebody already have a chance to touch those or not?

On a related note (just the same thing, i tend to think)
/* "local ports" is(?) phys, shouldn't this exclude port 0 then ? */

I'm not too familiar with these kindof questions, which might be define
in a spec, so any hint on this would be well received, at least from my
part.

anyone? Eitan?
--
thank you,