[openib-general] mapping between IP address and device name

Roland Dreier rolandd at cisco.com
Mon Jun 27 14:34:56 PDT 2005

    Itamar> But the ATS will not solve the problem of "many to one".
    Itamar> What will the nfs module will do if the the result from
    Itamar> the ATS will be a list of "IP's" which only one of them is
    Itamar> has permission to the nfs ?  ATS cant tell you who is the
    Itamar> source IP.

    Thomas> The NFS server exports will function just fine in such a
    Thomas> case.  This is no different from any other multihomed
    Thomas> client, and /etc/exports can be configured appropriately.

I'm not sure I understand this.  At best, ATS can give you back a list
of IPs.  How do you decide which one to check against the exports?

In a pure IP world, every packet from a multihomed client carries a
source IP address.  So a server can use getpeername() to determine
which address a client is connecting from.  This is fundamentally
different from ATS.

 - R.