[openib-general] IP addressing on InfiniBand networks

Caitlin Bestler caitlin.bestler at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 15:06:38 PDT 2005

Site-local GIDs are just as manageable as site-local IPv6 addresses.
In fact they look just like them to /etc/hosts, NIS, DNS, etc.

The only real work required of the local network administrator(s)
is that they assign *different* site-local network IDs for IPv6 and IB.
There are 64K total available, so I doubt anyone is going to run out
of available network IDs.