[openib-general] Re: uCM create connection ID

Arlin Davis ardavis at ichips.intel.com
Wed Jun 29 12:42:09 PDT 2005

Libor Michalek wrote:

>On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 01:59:01PM -0700, Arlin Davis wrote:
>

>>Hi Libor,
>>
>>I have a couple of uCM questions regarding create_id and events...
>>
>>Is it possible for a consumer of uCM to provide a context with the
>>create_id that could be returned with the event? I will have some scale
>>up issues if I have to walk a list looking for a uCM provided connection
>>ID instead of a context that could point directly to the appropriate
>>uDAPL CM object.
>>

>  It would be easy to add in a context variable. I had left it out on
>purpose, since it's easy to get into a situation where using the context
>as a pointer you can end up referencing deallocated memory. However, I
>suppose it should be there for flexability.

Thanks.  Also, in the case with listen's (conn_req), the event returns
the new conn_id but not the original conn_id associated with the listen.
I will need the listen conn_id to associate back to the proper listen
service point.

>>It would also be very helpful if the CM event could be woke from user space.
>>

>  You mean break CM event out of it's wait? I would instead recommend that
>you call poll on the file descriptor for read readiness, and only call for
>the CM event when there's an event available. Also, if you insist on using
>threads, tou can break out of poll by sending a signal to the thread that
>is waiting on the poll, which will return -1 with an errno of EINTR.

Fair enough. Have you tried the polling method?  I am having problems
waking up on the event even though I see the following kernel message
from ucm.

"kernel: UCM: Event. CM ID <10> event <1>"

-arlin