[openib-general] comments on DAT registry in OpenIB

Caitlin Bestler caitlin.bestler at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 08:38:45 PDT 2005

Taking an interface because it has a user base, and then
ignoring that user base is just plain idiotic.

If you want to design your own RDMA interface do so.
But changing DAT to meet your whims rather than
actual code requirements makes no sense. If you
can't come up with something that remains acceptable
to the broader community of DAT users then you should
refrain from using the "dat_" symbols and their already
established meanings.

When there *is* a requirement, the DAT community
is willing to work out a solution that will be acceptable
to Linux *and* developers for other operating systems.