[openib-general] [MAD] RMPP reassembly

Sean Hefty mshefty at ichips.intel.com
Tue Mar 1 10:27:37 PST 2005

I'm studying the RMPP implementation requirements for reassembly, and
there are a couple of issues/questions.

* What is an appropriate window size for the receiver to use?  My
initial thought was to use 1/8th of the receive queue size, but this
would be easy to change.

* For the total transaction timeout, the equation given to calculate
the value would probably require 1000+ lines of code, and the default
value given is 40 seconds, which seems long.  Any opinions on what
approach to take here?  I can either go with a total reassembly timeout
value, or a timeout relative to the last received segment.  I'm leaning
towards whichever ends up being easier to implement.

* Have people found it necessary to keep the context of a reassembled
MAD around after reassembly has completed?